Normanby House is a purpose-built care home, with 25 en-suite bedrooms in a quiet, but central location in Scarborough, with its own attractive gardens.
The care home is fully furnished and decorated to a high standard. It has a cosy and welcoming communal lounge and a 24-hour call system, for our residents’ peace of mind.
All rooms have a television point and connections for satellite and digital TV.
Some rooms enjoy a view over the gardens. We encourage our residents to bring small personal items to make your room feel more like home.
We also have:
- A lift to the upper floors
- Tea-making facilities
- A book library, games, a computer, music system and organ
- Cosy lounge with TV and quiet areas for reading and relaxing
- A guest suite available for family and friends to stay overnight
- Bathrooms specially equipped so you can relax in comfort
- A “Pets are welcome” policy by arrangement with the Manager
- A personal laundry facility and laundry service
- The facility for a private telephone line in each room
- Regular religious services and meetings should you wish to take part
- Newspapers which can be ordered and delivered daily to your room
- Wheelchair access and car parking
Normanby House is set in its own grounds and away from main roads. However it is close to local amenities. For instance, there is a parade of shops just a few yards away and Scarborough town centre itself is only three-quarters of a mile away and easily reached using the regular bus service.
Scarborough Railway Station is just quarter of a mile down the road and Scarborough Hospital is just two miles away.
Prices are subject to individual assessment. Please contact us for more details.